Top 10 Uses for WIPP other than a nuclear waste dump:
- 10 - A "Taxpayer's Sacrifice Zone" - beats the hell out of one more "National Sacrifice Zone" if you think about it.
9 - Bury the entire DOE in it, and seal it for 450,000 years.
- 8 - Awesome recording studio with bizarre acoustics.
- 7 - Carlsbad's first year-round Ice Hockey rink and meat locker.
- 6 - Novelty shopping mall.
- 5 - Use it to contain congressional paper waste instead of nuclear waste (expires in 2004).
- 4 - Pay Carlsbad residents to leave it empty and we can all go home and eat dinner.
- 3 - More useful as a national bomb shelter if LANL doesn't get a grip on itself soon.
- 2 - Abandon it completely and let our decsendents build myths and religons around it.
- 1 - A 21st century Movie Ranch for sci-fi filmakers on a budget.